Review: Summer at the Highland Coral Beach

Summer at the Highland Coral Beach Summer at the Highland Coral Beach by Kiley Dunbar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved Christmas at Frozen Falls, so I jumped on the chance to read Summer at the Highland Coral Beach. This is more of an emotional book than Frozen Falls, as it deals with miscarriage and the resultant grief. I enjoyed this story, and I thought the balance of Beatrice learning to cope with her grief, and the romance, was handled well. The characters were all interesting, and had their own stories and motivations. The sense of place was great, and I loved Port Willow. I’ll definitely be looking to read the next book, which I believe is also set in Port Willow.

If you can cope with the sadness as well as the romance, this is a lovely book, with a warm sense of place.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden