Review: Maybe One Day

Maybe One Day Maybe One Day by Debbie Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been a fan of Debbie Johnson for a while now, and have greatly enjoyed her Comfort Food Cafe series. When I saw this book on NetGalley, I decided to request it. It is very much outside my normal tastes - I knew in advance that it was a far more emotional story than the author’s previous books. It tells the story of how Jess and Joe become separated, and Jess’s search for Joe. In many ways it is a very sad story - there is a lot of grief and needless pain caused by various people - but it is also a reminder that there is hope, and the possibility of building something new, even after devastating loss.

Although I probably won’t read this book again (I prefer happy fiction), it is very well written, and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn’t mind some sadness and pain, but loves to read stories of hope.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden