Review: New Beginnings at Seaside Blooms

New Beginnings at Seaside Blooms New Beginnings at Seaside Blooms by Jessica Redland
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I only enjoyed about 40% of this book - from about 20% to about 60%. I found Sarah hard to stomach. I cannot understand why she had been with Jason for over 2 years, and has somehow not mentioned that she hates the fitness he’s really into. He doesn’t notice when she’s really upset. Then she stays with him, miserable, for another year! I then enjoyed the part from when she finally breaks up with him to when Andy reappears in her life. Then throughout the rest of the book, she takes totally unclear things she’s seen or heard, and doesn’t bother to verify them, or check with the man she’s decided is The One if they are true. I was simply left with the feeling that he deserved someone who is willing to check facts before abandoning the love of her life.

However, I did enjoy the section where Sarah was setting up her shop, and searching for Steven (before she realised who she was in love with). The premise of the book is amusing, but the execution is really not to my taste.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden