Review: New Beginnings At Glendale Hall

New Beginnings At Glendale Hall New Beginnings At Glendale Hall by Victoria Walters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed Coming Home to Glendale Hall very much, so when I saw this sequel, I naturally snapped it up. I’m so glad I did.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading New Beginnings at Glendale Hall, as with the previous book, it was very relaxing. Although plenty of difficulties occurred for Emily (and some of the people around her), it never felt miserable or upsetting. The pace of the story was great - it took place over months, and didn’t have people falling in love within days, which I do get a little sick of sometimes. The character development was also really good, as well as seeing favourite characters from the previous book, I enjoyed seeing Emily come into her own, as well as start learning to accept help from those who love her.

Overall, this was a very pleasing story, with well rounded characters, and a good dash of romance. Lots of cake too, of course!

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are (as always) my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden