Review: The Christmas Invitation

The Christmas Invitation The Christmas Invitation by Trisha Ashley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Trisha Ashley has been one of my favourite authors for nearly two decades now, so it is such a joy to relax back into another of her wonderful books.

This particular book focuses on the untangling of the past of the Doome family and friends, over the course of one Christmas. The story is in no great hurry, and we get to meet all sorts of interesting and peculiar characters along the way.

I love the way that Trisha Ashley writes, this is quite a long book, but it never lagged, because all the little bits of language - the descriptions, similes etc - are so delightful. There were many chuckles - I especially loved the little pride and prejudice bit. I very much enjoyed the atmosphere of extended loving family and the general Christmassy feel.

I’d recommend this book to anyone looking for a heartwarming Christmas read, with a good few dashes of romance.

I was lucky enough to receive a free ARC of this book. My opinions are my own, and entirely honest.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden