Review: Well Dressed to Die

Well Dressed to Die Well Dressed to Die by Kate P. Adams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I’ve really enjoyed the Charleton House series, since I first read Death by Dark Roast. So I couldn’t wait to read Well Dressed to Die.

It was such a joy to be back at Charleton House again, and to spend time with the characters I love from the series. Sophie (as usual) stumbles across a dead body, and can’t resist asking questions…

This story was a lot of fun, and I didn’t guess who the murderer was until the very end (though I suspected Sophie had got it wrong). None of the suspects seemed to have sufficient motive.

One of the things I love about this series, is the cosy scene after the big reveal. It makes me feel right at home again.

As well as Well Dressed to Die, this edition includes three short stories, which are all intriguing in their own way. I liked the fact that the stories focussed on characters that are normally supporting ones. I particularly enjoyed Key to a Killer.

Overall, this was a delightful mystery, with a group of favourite characters. I recommend the whole series.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden