Review: Life and Otter Miracles

Life and Otter Miracles Life and Otter Miracles by Hazel Prior
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Away with the Penguins and Call of the Penguins, so I was keen to get my hands on Life and Otter Miracles. I was not disappointed!

I loved this book. I loved the characters, the animals, the plot and everything.

I very quickly connected and empathised with Phoebe. Her experiences of everyday life echo my own so much. Whilst I don’t suffer from a chronic pain condition, I do have a severe energy-limiting condition. I relate so much to Phoebe having to ration what she does. I just want to give her a big (gentle) hug. Living with a long term medical condition is so hard. I thought she was a strong character, who in spite of the struggle she has every day, invested in those she cared about, including the otters.

I also loved her dad, who is so supportive, and loves all his children very much. The secondary characters were also great - it really felt like they all had lives of their own going on.

I loved the mystery that forms much of the plot. I really enjoyed trying to figure out (along with Phoebe) who was sabotaging things, and why.

And, of course, I can’t conclude my review without mentioning the otters, whose playful attitude to life runs throughout the book.

I loved the ending - it was deeply satisfying on every point!

Overall, this was another beautifully heartwarming story from Hazel Prior, full of animals, heart and a dash of humour. Just perfect!

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden