Review: The Secret of Angel Cove



The Secret of Angel Cove - 4 stars:


I read Winter at Cliff’s End Cottage last year, and loved it so much that I have since read many of Sheila Norton’s back catalogue. And so I jumped on the chance to review The Secret of Angel Cove.


What a lovely story. I loved meeting Joy and Sara, and all the other more minor characters. I loved reading about the friendship that the two of them strike up, when they’re both at a time of big change in their lives. I really enjoy reading stories about friendship between people of different ages, because we don’t just make friends with people our own age in real life.


I loved the setting too. The Smugglers’ Cottages at Angel Cove sound like such a beautiful place to live. 


I enjoyed the flashbacks to Philip and Chrissie’s story too, and all the conversations at the historical society.


I don’t know what else to say really, apart from how happy reading this book made me feel. I really loved reading about characters of lots of different ages.


Overall, this was a lovely, relaxing read, chiefly about friendship, but also with some romance thrown in. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden