Review: A Hard Day for a Hangover

A Hard Day for a Hangover A Hard Day for a Hangover by Darynda Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Darynda Jones is one of the only two authors where I buy their books without even reading the blurb (Gail Carriger is the other). So I was very excited to get my hands on the third, and final, book in the Sunshine series, A Hard Day for a Hangover.

I loved this book so much. I love this collection of characters, and the quirky town they live in. I especially love Sunshine and Auri, and their relationship. I was pleased to read the developments in Sun and Levi’s relationship (can’t say more because spoilers!).

The plot was (as always) a brilliant one that kept me turning the pages. It’s really such a wonderful blend of the cases Sunshine is trying to solve (and Auri too, for that matter), and the personal stories too. And of course it’s full of fun banter and the chapter headings that we all love!

Overall, this was everything you’d expect from a Darynda Jones book, a page-turning plot, her trademark humour, and sizzling romance, all crammed into one delectable package.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden