Review: An Unfortunate Christmas Murder

An Unfortunate Christmas Murder An Unfortunate Christmas Murder by Hannah Hendy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Having read and enjoyed Hannah Hendy’s first book (The Dinner Lady Detectives), I was keen to get my hands on An Unfortunate Christmas Murder.

Margery and Clementine are as entertaining as they were in the first book. I do enjoy the way they go blundering into situations, and use their intelligence to solve the mystery. I love their long term relationship too, they work really well together, and are just so comfortable. And very amusing to read about too!

I enjoyed the plot of this book, at first it seems a confusing array of events, but it gradually resolves into a solution. I liked the fact that although I worked out some elements ahead of Margery and Clementine, I didn’t figure the whole thing out.

Overall, this was another excellent mystery solved by the excellent duo of dinner lady detectives. With a very festive ending. I definitely recommend it, and will be looking out for future instalments.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden