Review: Winter at Cliff's End Cottage

Winter at Cliff's End Cottage Winter at Cliff's End Cottage by Sheila Norton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sheila Norton is a new author for me. And the story is a little different to my usual fare. However, it sounded appealing, so I gave it a go.

I loved it! The plot is delightful, really gentle and enjoyable. I loved the flashbacks to Stella’s life, and although horrible things happened to her, it’s written in such a way that it didn’t feel traumatic to me.

I really liked Holly and Stella, and the way their friendship grew. I loved the way that they encouraged each other, and helped each other out. Alec was a great character too, and I really enjoyed the slow development of the relationship between him and Holly.

Altogether, this was such a lovely, gentle story, and yet compelling enough that it kept me reading until I’d finished. I’ll definitely be looking for more books by Sheila Norton.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden