Review: The Arctic Curry Club

The Arctic Curry Club The Arctic Curry Club by Dani Redd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dani Redd is a new author for me, but I loved the beautiful cover, and the general idea, so I gave it a try.

I really enjoyed this book. The writing is really easy to read (even if some of the subject matter isn’t), it flows well. The characters are well written, I really liked Maya. I thought the portrayal of her anxiety came across well.

The setting was great, the snow, and the cabins. I liked the fact that Maya struggled with the cold and darkness, it makes a nice change from all the stories where people love it, and seems more realistic.

I loved all the descriptions of food, I could almost taste some of the dishes. And I liked the fact that, although by the end of the story, Maya was more confident, she still had anxiety.

Overall, this was a great story of self-discovery, friendship, and persisting when times are difficult and uncertain.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

TW: attempted rape of MC’s mother (in flashback), also mentions of suicide, anxiety.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden