Review: Death on a Winter's Day

Death on a Winter's Day Death on a Winter's Day by Verity Bright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Lady Eleanor Swift series is a favourite for fun and cosy crime, so I was pleased to receive an ARC of Death on a Winter’s Day.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I love this collection of characters, so it’s always a welcome return. This time, they’re off to an isolated castle in Scotland, where (as usual) Eleanor gets entangled with dead bodies.

This story was a lot of fun. Eleanor and Clifford have a more difficult time of it, as they are so isolated from sources of information. The conclusion was quite dramatic, and there’s a slight touch of fantasy in parts, but I really enjoyed it. I’m very much looking forward to the next book in the series.

Overall, this was a fun and exciting cosy crime. Perfect for happily whiling away a few hours.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden