Review: Matchmaking at Port Willow

Matchmaking at Port Willow Matchmaking at Port Willow by Kiley Dunbar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed Summer at the Highland Coral Beach, so I was really pleased to receive a copy of Matchmaking at Port Willow, which is the sequel.

It was so wonderful to return to Port Willow, and to see how all the lovely characters are getting on. I particularly enjoyed catching up with Beatrice, after going through such an emotional journey with her in the first book. That journey continues in this story, in a satisfying way (I can’t really say much more without spoilers).

As well as catching up with old friends, this book also follows several new characters. The characters are all well written (as is the whole book), and I especially loved Nina’s story.

The setting is lovely (again). The Princess and the Pea Inn is continuing it’s renovation, and the surrounding area creates a great atmosphere.

Overall, this was an emotional, but rewarding story, following old and new characters. I recommend it, but make sure you have your tissues handy.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden