Review: A Cosy Christmas at Bridget’s Bicycle Bakery

A Cosy Christmas at Bridget’s Bicycle Bakery A Cosy Christmas at Bridget’s Bicycle Bakery by Alex Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven’t read the previous books in the Carrington’s series, but Alex Brown is a favourite author, so I decided to read this one, and go back and catch up on Carrington’s later.

I loved the seaside location of Mulberry-On-Sea, and the beach house. I really liked the sense of community, and the friendships (old and new) that Bridget starts building. The whole book feels lovely and Christmassy too.

I really enjoyed the story, it felt like Bridget, and her children, were finding their feet again. I liked that there were lots of dogs, and the Bicycle Bakery concept was great.

I also enjoyed the beginnings of a romance. It was necessarily quite tentative, but lovely nonetheless.

You definitely don’t need to have read the previous Carrington’s books to enjoy this one. Though complete in itself, this feels like the first volume of a longer story, so I hope that we’ll get to see lots more of Bridget and her friends in A Summer Holiday at Bridget’s Bicycle Bakery.

Overall, this was a lovely, gentle story of new beginnings. Of family, friends, and romance.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden