Review: Christmas at Fox Farm

Christmas at Fox Farm Christmas at Fox Farm by Helen Pollard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

With such a delightful title and cover, I had to give Christmas at Fox Farm a go. I love Christmas books, and I really enjoyed this one.

Fox Farm was a wonderful setting, it felt like home, and the surrounding countryside of Yorkshire worked really well too. The snow made the book feel really Christmassy.

The characters were great. I really liked Jean and Daisy especially. I thought Daisy and Alex’s relationship was well portrayed, under so much stress it’s not surprising they had some difficulties!

I found the story slightly more stressful than what I’d choose - all the family drama (down to Sebastian completely) was a bit much for me. However, it worked well in the context of the rest of the plot, and I know most readers like more drama than me!

The story starts in the late autumn and goes all the way through to Christmas. It has lots of Christmas atmosphere and, of course, a happy ending.

Overall, this was a heartwarming, Christmassy romance. But it was also about family (or most of it) and friends pulling together in difficult times.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden