Review: The New Beginnings Bridal Boutique

The New Beginnings Bridal Boutique The New Beginnings Bridal Boutique by Kellie Hailes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve read and enjoyed several books by Kellie Hailes, so I was pleased to receive an ARC of The New Beginnings Bridal Boutique.

I loved Paige’s bridal boutique, and her passion for remaking things that aren’t perfect. I liked Paige too. Unfortunately, my enjoyment of this book was rather hindered by the fact that I really disliked Cy. His behaviour in the first half to three quarters of the story was manipulative, bordering on controlling. I really can’t stand people who force others into spending time with them, by making a bet, then telling the person they’re a coward if they don’t agree.

The writing is excellent and although they seemed so totally wrong for each other for most of the book, once Cy realised how awful he was being (not to mention cowardly - it annoyed me that no one called him on his cowardliness when he was constantly needling Paige about hers), I felt like they might have a chance. And I really, really liked the epilogue.

Overall, this was a well written romance, but I just didn’t enjoy it as much as most, as Cy made such a poor impression on me that I just couldn’t like him. However, if you’re less bothered by that kind of behaviour than me, then this is a good, fun romance.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden