Review: A Mystery at Lili Villa

A Mystery at Lili Villa A Mystery at Lili Villa by Arathi Menon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this book because it has such a beautiful cover. I also love children’s crime.

I really enjoyed this story, it was a lot of fun. The three children (Tam, Arj and Mira) who the tale focusses on are great. They each have their own personality and way of going about things. I really loved the way they investigated their suspects, getting to know more about the people around them, and what they are really like. I thought Tam, Arj and Mira showed a realistic balance between wanting to investigate for themselves, and wanting to tell the grown ups.

I loved the focus on food too. It was great to have the list of foods at the end, as I wasn’t familiar with all of them.

Overall, this was a fun mystery, adventurous, but never too scary. I definitely recommend it - for children and adults.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden