Review: A Tragic Act

A Tragic Act A Tragic Act by Kate P. Adams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It’s always a joy to return to Kate P Adam’s Charleton House series. I really enjoy this setting and collection of characters. Joyce is a particular favourite

This time around, things are turning theatrical. After a rehearsal, Sophie comes across the body of the director. She then proceeds to dash around in her usual style, solving another mystery.

This book was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the group of extra characters that the cast of the play brought, and I didn’t guess who the murderer was until right near the end. Kate P Adams does an excellent job of balancing the mystery, descriptions, character development, and humour. The result is easy to read, and kept me happily entertained for a few hours. I particularly liked the scene at the end, with everyone gathered round, digging into the cake.

If you’re looking for a relaxing murder mystery, in an interesting setting, then look no further. This book would work well as a standalone, but is even more fun when you’ve read the previous stories.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden