Review: Sunlight over Crystal Sands

Sunlight over Crystal Sands Sunlight over Crystal Sands by Holly Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holly Martin books never fail to make me feel happy, I’ve loved them ever since I discovered them, years ago. This one certainly didn’t disappoint. In fact, it exceeded my high expectations!

This is the story of Lyra and Nix, who meet in a hilarious mishap. It is set on Jewel Island, a location that I love, and so we get little bursts of well-loved characters from previous books in the Jewel Island series. I loved the two main characters, and their journey together. I loved the treasure hunt (can’t say any more because spoilers).

The only (tiny) niggle I have is the very confusing lasagne recipe Lyra uses - cooking the mince in the oven, but *not* in the sauce? But every family has their own recipes, so this in no way detracts from the excellent writing and story.

This story is a wonderful, lighthearted romance, that made me feel happy the entire time I was reading it (very rare). This is one of my absolute favourite writers, exceeding her previous best, yet again. I highly recommend picking up this book.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden