Review: A Wedding in the Country

A Wedding in the Country A Wedding in the Country by Katie Fforde
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have been a fan of Katie Fforde’s books for many years now, so I was excited to receive a review copy of A Wedding in the Country.

I was slightly confused as I managed to miss the description saying that the book is set in the 60s, and so I kept expecting it to switch back to current times.

I really enjoyed the friendship aspect of this book. The way the three (and eventually four) girls and David support each other is great. I didn’t enjoy the romance as much as I normally do with this author. I think it was simply that Lizzie and Hugo CHECK didn’t have enough interaction time to really convince me. It all felt rushed. However, this was dictated by the circumstances.

I found the way that Lizzie was treated by everyone other than her friends really upsetting. She also seems a little passive for my liking, though she does have a quiet determination on the things that matter to her, which is admirable.

Overall, this story had a lovely friendship, a gentle romance, and a happy ending, but I felt the whole way through as though I were navigating some foreign land that I didn’t quite understand. I think if you’ve read the description properly, you will enjoy this book a lot more than I did! It’s a lovely, gentle read, mostly.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden