Review: A Taste of Home

A Taste of Home A Taste of Home by Heidi Swain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

TW: book begins at funeral of the mother of the main character due to cancer.

Having read and enjoyed several books by Heidi Swain, I was pleased to receive a review copy of this one.

I enjoyed this book. Fliss travels to the farm her mother grew up on, and finds things are not as she expects them to be. I loved the setting of the fruit farm, and I enjoyed the way Fliss and her grandfather gradually get to know one another. I also liked Eliot, he seems kind and caring. It was fun to see brief appearances from characters in previous books.

As well as the more serious bits (I can’t say much without spoilers), there was plenty of light hearted parts. There were several amusing scenes, and I loved the way Fliss gradually felt more at home. I found it frustrating the way she allowed Anthony to gaslight her, and manipulate her, but I think it’s a lot harder to see when someone’s up to no good when you’re involved in a situation.

Overall, this was a lovely way to while away a few hours. It had a lovely “coming home” feel, with a delightful setting, and the beginning of a nice romance. I hope the characters will feature in a future story.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden