Review: Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge

Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge by Rachel Dove
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rachel Dove is a new author for me, I simply couldn’t resist the lovely cover of Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge.

I really enjoyed this book. It has great character development, a really cute romance, and plenty of humour.

I like the characters, Rebecca is lovely, though just starting to put her life back together. Luke is great, there are loads of funny moments with him, and he’s generally kind and caring. The secondary characters are great too, well drawn, and don’t feel like they’re just there as a background.

The one thing I really disliked about this book is the scene where Luke traps Rebecca in her bedroom because she’s angry with him. It is NOT okay to use your physical strength to make someone do, or not do, something. That is abusive. Thankfully, it was only very brief, but it totally wiped out all my good feeling towards Luke.

A heartwarming winter read, with plenty of funny moments, and a lovely happy ending.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden