Review: The Book of Hopes: Words and Pictures to Comfort, Inspire and Entertain Children in Lockdown

The Book of Hopes: Words and Pictures to Comfort, Inspire and Entertain Children in Lockdown The Book of Hopes: Words and Pictures to Comfort, Inspire and Entertain Children in Lockdown by Katherine Rundell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I chose this book because Stephanie Burgis had written a small part of it, and it seemed generally appealing. As suggested in the introduction, I dipped in and out of it over the course of the two weeks I had before release day.

I find it difficult to write a review for a book that contains so many, very different, tiny stories, illustrations and poems. I enjoyed some more than others, but every single one of them has something to teach us about hope. Some are touching, a few made me cry, many made me smile or laugh. If you are struggling, or having dark moments, I definitely recommend dipping into this book, and feeling many other humans reaching out to say you are not alone, don’t give up, the world may be full of darkness, but there is much light too. 

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden