Review: To the Land of Long Lost Friends

To the Land of Long Lost Friends To the Land of Long Lost Friends by Alexander McCall Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series, so I was very pleased to receive a copy of this book via NetGalley.

It is always a great pleasure to return to Botswana, and the world of Mma Ramotswe. I love the way that she thinks, and the way conversations and thoughts often go rambling around! The mysteries are always interesting - this particular one involves friends from long ago. The characters are ones I love, and well written. They all have their own motivations, but rub along well together. I love the general attitude of kindness to others that most characters adhere to, the feeling that all people are our sisters and brothers.

If you’re looking for a really relaxing, but interesting read, then this book (and this series) is the one for you.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden