Review: The Midnight Swan

The Midnight Swan The Midnight Swan by Catherine Fisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the previous two books in this series (The Clockwork Crow and The Velvet Fox), so I was expecting to enjoy this one. It exceeded my expectations!

I absolutely loved this story. I loved all the usual elements, the Fae, the magic, the Crow, the couplets at the start of each chapter, but this one had so much more. I really enjoyed the fact that Tomos got to take a more active part in this book, rather than just being enchanted by the Fae, as he was in the previous two. I can’t say too much without spoilers, but the ending was wonderful, with love and happiness for all. I sincerely hope this won’t be the last book in the series, but this feels very much like all the threads have been wrapped up. If so, I’ll be looking out for Catherine Fisher’s next book with great eagerness.

On another note, the covers of all three of the books in this series are enchantingly beautiful. I especially loved the cover of The Velvet Fox.

If you’re looking for an easy to read, enchantingly magical adventure story, look no further than this book, indeed this series! I really recommend it.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden