Review: The Friendship List

The Friendship List The Friendship List by Susan Mallery
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Susan Mallery is a new author to me. I was a little concerned from the description that the story would be too emotional for me. However, although highly emotional topics are covered (including grief), somehow it is done in such a way that it is not too upsetting. Instead, I got caught up in the characters’ emotional journeys.

I loved the portrayal of friendship in this book. Particularly that between Ellen and Unity, but many other great friendships are shown in this story. They are not perfect, but they all work through issues in a sensible way, and are there for each other when the chips are down.

This book has a large cast of complex characters - they are very well written, all clearly distinct, three dimensional people, with their own stories and motivations. Somehow it is easy to keep track of all the characters (something I do struggle with). I think it’s because they all seem so real. Both the main characters are rather stuck with their lives, and it’s interesting and rewarding to see them work to unstick themselves, helped along by their close friendship.

If you’re looking for a story full of friendship, love and self development, with a heartwarming happy ending for all, then this is the book for you. I definitely recommend it, and will be looking out for more books by the author.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden