Review: A Deadly Ride: A Charleton House Mystery

A Deadly Ride: A Charleton House Mystery A Deadly Ride: A Charleton House Mystery by Kate P. Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It’s always so easy to slip back into the Charleton House world. The writing flows well, and I enjoyed the cyclemania event setting. There were a good few interesting historical bike facts thrown in.

This instalment of a favourite series had all the usual touches of gentle humour, likeable characters, a charming setting, and a fun mystery.

It was interesting getting to know DS Harnby a little better, whilst Joe was away. I didn’t guess who the killer was until right near the end, which makes a nice change from a lot of the cozy crimes I read.

I do love the scene at the end of each book, after the murder has been solved, where Sophie and her friends all get together.

If you’re looking for an easy to read cozy crime to chill out with, this is the book for you.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden