Review: The Broken Hearts Honeymoon: A feel-good tale that will transport you to the cherry blossoms of Tokyo

The Broken Hearts Honeymoon: A feel-good tale that will transport you to the cherry blossoms of Tokyo The Broken Hearts Honeymoon: A feel-good tale that will transport you to the cherry blossoms of Tokyo by Lucy Dickens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book soooo much, I wish I could give it more than 5 stars. I love Charlotte, who, when her wedding plans fall apart shortly before the wedding, makes a brave decision, and goes on their honeymoon tour of Japan, alone. She’s such a real character, with flaws, who struggles when one of the foundations of her life is suddenly yanked out from under her. I love the way she lets herself feel sad about what has happened, but then builds herself back up again. I love that, in spite of the fact that Charlotte is having a tough time, this isn’t a sad book. This felt like a celebration, of life, of love, of the ability of humans to survive and thrive, and, of course, of Japan!

Japan is a huge part of this book, it’s like a character all by itself. I love the way that as Charlotte discovers more about Japanese culture, she discovers more about herself. I love the fact that this book is more about Charlotte’s journey - both the physical and the emotional - than romance. I love the fact that by the end of the book, she is ready to take risks to do what she loves.

I highly recommend this fun, funny, and heartwarming book to anyone really. Especially anyone who has felt, or currently feels, broken. Or anyone who fancies an escape to Japan. It’s beautifully written and so easy to read. Plus, it’s only 99p on UK kindle at the moment: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1787466159/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_awdb_13i.Eb3WJ1WC9 (Please double check the price before you buy).

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden