Review: A Royal Second Chance Summer

A Royal Second Chance Summer A Royal Second Chance Summer by Viv Royce
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m not, in general, a fan of royal romances, because they generally seem hugely implausible to me. However, I had greatly enjoyed the previous two books in the series (A Family by Christmas and A Valentine Proposal), so I decided to give this one a chance. I’m glad I did.

The story is delightful, charming, and romantic (of course). It was lovely to return to Heart Street, and there were small cameos from the characters from the previous books.  It’s such a lovely setting, and this time, we had the 4th of July celebrations. I really liked the main characters - Nicolas seemed kind and sensitive, and Lizzie was lovable, if a little timid.

The one niggle I have is the way that Nicolas acted when they found the bird of paradise - he suddenly morphed into a horrible person. He was so unnecessarily unkind to Anna (the owner of the bird). It just doesn’t seem to fit with his character, and gives me doubts about his and Lizzie’s long term compatibility.

Overall, I enjoyed this romantic summer tale. I will definitely be continuing the series.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden