Review: Murder on a Mississippi Steamboat

Murder on a Mississippi Steamboat Murder on a Mississippi Steamboat by Leighann Dobbs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I chose this book because it was recommended to fans of T. E. Kinsey, and I love historical cozy crime. I think that saying it’s like T. E. Kinsey does it rather a disservice, as I was expecting it to be more humorous. There was none of the banter that characterises his books, which was disappointing. However, this was still a good book. An interesting murder mystery set in an unusual location - on board a steamboat. I enjoyed the plot, the boat was loaded with interesting characters, and there were some subplots nicely muddying the waters. I did find Nora’s constant worrying about being a modern woman, and the frequent references to smoking, a little excessive though.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden