Review: The Clockwork Crow

The Clockwork Crow The Clockwork Crow by Catherine Fisher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a fun fae adventure, suitable for children (and adults). I was drawn in by the cover, and the story lived up to it. Seren travels to her godfather’s house, accidentally acquiring a parcel on the way. When she arrives, it is not the happy home she was hoping for. She sets out to solve the mystery, and then to rescue Tomos, her godfather’s son. I really liked Seren, she was a lively and inquisitive character. The Crow was delightful in his grumpy crustyness, and also quite helpful on their adventure. I really enjoyed the story, it was so easy to read and become immersed in, and had a satisfying, happy, and Christmassy ending.

I’d definitely recommend this book to both children and adults looking for a fun adventure with a happy ending. I can’t wait to find out what Seren and Tomos (and hopefully the clockwork crow) get up to in the sequel.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden