Review: Watchful Wisteria

Watchful Wisteria Watchful Wisteria by Angela Pepper
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

🎧 Audiobook Review 🎧

I did not enjoy this book quite as much as the previous ones in the series. It had all the things I love about the series - the mystery, the magic, the sass, the relationship between Zara and her daughter Zoe. However, although the narration was, in general, excellent (as always), the voice assigned to Zara’s father really, really grated on me. I think it’s meant to be Irish, and I can’t speak to its accuracy (I’ve not heard enough different Irish accents), but as it was a large part of this story, it rather detracted from my enjoyment. I will persist with the series, as hopefully he’s not in all of them, but I might read this one as an ebook next time around!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden