Review: Summer on a Sunny Island

Summer on a Sunny Island Summer on a Sunny Island by Sue Moorcroft
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved Let it Snow, so picking Summer on a Sunny Island was a no brainer for me. I really love the fact that Sue Moorcroft includes characters who have mental or physical illnesses. This is a lot more realistic than many books that have no characters with illnesses at all!

I liked Zach, and the way he tries to help people. Rosa and he seem like a good match as they have many of the same values. I love the way that Rosa and her mum really stand (and speak) up for themselves. To be honest, I liked pretty much all the characters. The Sunny Island of Malta comes across with a good sense of location.

The writing is done very well, it’s easy to get wrapped up in the story - it’s always a sign of a great book when I don’t even notice the grammar and spelling.

Conclusion: the perfect summer escape if you prefer your romances with realistic characters.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden