Review: A Quiet Life in the Country

A Quiet Life in the Country A Quiet Life in the Country by T E Kinsey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

🎧 Audiobook Review 🎧

I had so much fun with this audiobook. Having read and enjoyed the ebook of Death Beside the Seaside (Book 6 of this series), and had the audiobooks recommended to me, it was an easy choice to get this and book 2 when I saw them in an Audible 2 for 1 sale. I definitely have not regretted it!

The story itself is a fun and lighthearted murder mystery, and fits well into the cozy crime genre. The banter between Lady Hardcastle and Miss Armstrong was so entertaining, and speaks to a deep and long lasting friendship. I enjoyed the mystery itself, and didn’t guess the culprit right near the start, which is definitely a bonus for me. I thought the portrayal of the inspector was great (apologies, I cannot remember his name). He appears to be the cliched policeman who leaps to conclusions initially, but there’s a lot more to him. By the end of the book, I really liked him too.

The narration is excellent. There are many different accents and characters, and every single one is easy to understand and distinguishable from all the others. This is quite an achievement when there are so many minor characters popping in and out! The expression put into the narration was also excellent, enough to convey meaning (even subtle ones), but not so much that it sounds jarring, or distracts from the story.

I have immediately started on the next in the series, and I’m already enjoying immersing myself back into the large cast of characters.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden