Review: Bright Dreams: The Brilliant Ideas of Nikola Tesla

Bright Dreams: The Brilliant Ideas of Nikola Tesla Bright Dreams: The Brilliant Ideas of Nikola Tesla by Tracy Dockray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an excellent introduction to the life of Tesla, suitable for children. I love the illustrations, they really bring the story to life. I like the fact that the author hasn’t glossed over the difficulties that Tesla faced, or simplified the vocabulary. Important terms are explained in the main part of the book, and there is also a glossary at the back (along with suggested places to find more information). Whilst totally suitable for children, this book paints a more realistic portrait of an inventor than most. I’d definitely recommend this book to anyone with children who are interested in science or historical figures.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden