Review: Smailholm

Smailholm Smailholm by C.L. Williams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was not quite to my taste, it was a little darker than expected. I thoroughly enjoyed most of the adventure, but the ending felt unsatisfying. There were also various spelling errors (here, here instead of hear, hear; and storks instead of stalks), however, most books have one or two, so don’t let that put you off.

An excellent adventure in a convincing world, this would be a good book for children (of MG age) who wouldn’t be afraid of some darkness, and don’t mind not getting a wholly happy ending. I won’t be continuing with the series.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden