Review: Away with the Penguins

Away with the Penguins Away with the Penguins by Hazel Prior
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I took a bit of a risk with this book, as it is outside my reading comfort zone. However, I love penguins, so it was worth a try.

I absolutely loved it, it was amazing. I loved Veronica from the moment I started reading, her voice is just wonderful. It took me a lot longer to warm to Patrick, but then he was having a really tough time. Their two characters and different voices really shone through, they were written very well. The whole book, in fact, is written so well that it just flows and it feels like you’re there. Consequently, I devoured it in less than 24 hours!

I don’t want to give away any spoilers, so I’ll just say that this is a wonderful, wonderful book. So well written, and with the message that it’s never too late. Plus penguins, what could be better?

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions (as always) are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden